What is the Ministry
The Pacific Central District MUUGs Ministry is the governing body for MUUGs. Its made up of youth, young adults and adults in order to foster youth leadership skills while maintaining our commitment to an inter-generational community. These leaders are chosen by the MUUGs community from the community each August.
The Ministry exists in order to coordinate retreats, recruit youth and adult leaders for each retreat and do long term visioning and planning. In order to make this happen, we use a combination of in person meetings, conference calls and emails.
Who is the Ministry?
Facilitator - Meghan Kelly
Energy Monitor/Timekeeper - John Large
Site Coordinator - Ashley West and Phoebe Eckart
Staff Coordinator - Meg Trask
Secretary - Phoebe Eckart and Ashley West
Outreach - Odessa MacLean
Treasurer - Logan Stump-Vernon
Registrar- Marlene Abel
Documentation- John Large
Tech - Evan Fitzhugh, Kenny Pillard, Logan Stump-Vernon
Youth Staffing and Communication Liason - Peter Kell
Youth Members -Evan Fitzhugh, Laelia Maynor, Payton Barbe-Yochelson, Peter Kell, RJ Guentert
The Ministry scribes keep notes and minutes for its own organization, but also for transparency. You can find minutes here.
- Schedule the meetings (this will largely be already done once a year, each meeting is typically 3 weeks before a retreat- for the Winter meeting you will need to create a Doodle).
- Book a church location for the Meeting (be sure to know how we will get in)
- Assemble agenda- email Ministry asking for items to be added, check previous meeting Minutes for tabled items.
- Manage the meeting:
- Consensus process
- Keep the queue
- Contact churches to book sites for retreats 6 months to a year in advance
- Communicate with churches about any site specific concerns and relay those to the Deans and Staff as necessary
- Create a staff from available volunteers from our volunteer base for each retreat and camp
- Create small group ministry groups (touchgroups) for each retreat, assign them leaders and communicate any specifics about said groups to said leaders
- Take detailed minutes on the meeting be sure to include any proposals, “tabled” items, and “To-Do” items someone takes on.
- Following the meeting send Minutes out to the Ministry for any revisions
- Once Minutes are approved put in drop box and/or publish to website *this part currently in progress
- Contact people like DREs and parents- let them know what MUUGs is and make sure they have reg form, answer questions.
- Get MUUGs dates for coming year to DRE list
- Work to get next MUUGs date on individual church websites and “upcoming events”/bulletins
- Update and proof read registration form with current dates/location send it out to lists (parents, DREs, Ministers etc)
- Collect forms and registration money
- Give forms to Documentation and send Money to regional admin
- Track yearly finances
- Get and file reimbursements from staff for event related purchases and mileage